- PPG has won several prestigious R&D 100 Awards from "R&D Magazine" for the development of innovative technologies, most recently for:
- ZIRCOBOND®, an environmentally advanced pretreatment for automotive applications that cuts sludge byproduct from the pretreatment process by at least 80 percent compared to zinc-phosphate-based products.
- DURANAR® powder coatings for metal building panels provide the ultimate performance against weathering in environments and are highly resistant to chalking, fading, chipping, and peeling and environmental stressors like acid rain, salt deposits, mortar deposits, humidity and graffiti.
- PPG's coatings cover nearly every type of surface and substrate, including:
- Automotive parts and accessories such as rigid and flexible exterior trim systems, steel and aluminum wheels, body panels, bumper and break systems, hitches, shocks, axles, coil springs, under hood/body parts, and sway bars;
- Metal roofing, metal building panels, column covers, garage and entry doors, rainware, gutters, siding, fascia, trim, HVAC, lighting fixtures, storefronts, curtain walls, windows, louvers;
- Commercial truck cab/bodies, commercial buses, school buses, trailers, and rail;
- Industrial vehicles, agricultural equipment,construction machinery;
- Wood, vinyl, and composite components for wood and resilient flooring, windows and doors, flooring accessories, architectural moldings;
- Mobile phones, laptops, computers and accessories, GPS systems, and beauty products;
- Household appliances such as washers/dryers, refrigerators, freezers, dishwashers, ovens, ranges, and microwaves;
- Sports and recreation equipment including, golf balls, fitness equipment, bicycles, motorcycles and outboard motors, and recreational vehicles;
- Office furniture, transformers, tool storage, wires, fasteners, and radiators.