At a Glance
|Founded in 1883 as Pittsburgh Plate Glass by Captain John B. Ford and John Pitcairn in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Today, PPG is a global supplier of paints, coatings, optical products, specialty materials, and fiber glass.
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company.
- North America: ~18,500
- Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA): ~15,200
- Latin America: ~6,100
- Asia Pacific: ~7,200
Total Net Sales 2015: $14.8 Billion
PPG is ranked 190 on the Fortune 500
PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: PPG)
For more details, visit the PPG Investor Center
PPG Industries, Inc.
One PPG Place
Pittsburgh, PA 15272 USA
PPG Industries International, Inc.
Suites 1010-1015, 10/F, Cityplaza One
1111 King’s Road
Taikoo Shing – HONG KONG
EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST, and AFRICA
PPG Industries Europe Sàrl
Route de Gilly 32
1180 Rolle – SWITZERLAND
PPG Industrial do Brasil - Tintas e Vernizes - Ltda.
Rodovia Anhanguera, km 106
13180-900 – Sumaré – SP
|Worldwide: 156 manufacturing facilities*
- United States: 45 sites (19 states)
- Other Americas: 14 sites (10 countries)
- EMEA: 64 sites (29 countries)
- Asia Pacific: 33 sites (12 countries)
|Primary research centers:
- PPG Coatings Innovation Center (Allison Park, Pennsylvania)
- PPG Glass Business and Discovery Center (Harmarville, Pennsylvania)
- Monroeville Business and Technology Center (Monroeville, Pennsylvania)
- Fiber Glass Science and Technology Center (Shelby, North Carolina)
|More than $5.53 million invested in PPG communities in 2014 through grant making.