PPG Fiber Glass: Expertise you trust. Solutions you demand.
Since 1952, PPG Fiber Glass has provided the composites industry with fiberglass reinforcements. Focusing on solutions and next-generation technologies, PPG Fiber Glass offers market-driven solutions to its customers. Our goal is to find unmet market needs and transform them into growth opportunities for the entire supply chain.
PPG Fiber Glass manufactures:
- Direct Rovings
- Chopped Fibers
- Mat & Rovings
- Paper Dry Chop
- Wet Chop
- Long Fiber Thermoplastic (LFT)
- Insulation and Processed Fibers
PPG Fiber Glass has eight manufacturing facilities and five research and development centers worldwide. With dedicated regional technical and customer support, the phone call you make will be to someone who understands you, your business, and your unique manufacturing concerns. The ability to ship products regionally shortens lead times and increases inventory management ability. Our global presence decreases supply chain complexity, allowing you to better serve your customers.
Visit the PPG Fiber Glass Web Site
|Viktor R. Sekmakas, Executive Vice President
Kevin E. McDonald, Vice President, Fiber Glass
|PPG Fiber Glass
Glass Business and Discovery Center
400 Guys Run Road
Cheswick, PA 15024 USA
Trade Media Contact
|Richard A. Heilman (U.S.)
Research & Development
|Shelby Science & Technology
940 Washburn Switch Rd.
Shelby, NC 28150
Glass Business & Discovery Center
400 Guys Run Rd.
Cheswick, PA 15024
Science & Technology, Europe
P.O. Box 50
NL-9600 AB Hoogezand, Netherlands
Tel: +31 (0) 598 313420
Suzhou Research & Development Center
81 Xiang Yang Rd.
Suzhou New District
Jiangsu Province, P.R. China (215011)
Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Chester, South Carolina
- Lexington, North Carolina
- Shelby, North Carolina
- Hoogezand, Netherlands
- Wigan, U.K.
- Chia Yi, Taiwan
- Kunshan, China
Chopvantage, HYBON, INNOFIBER, L.E.X., TEXO and TUFROV, are registered trademarks of PPG Industries Ohio, Inc. Germanischer Lloyd and other third-party trademarks are property of their respective owners.
|Innovative solutions are clearly the primary emphasis at PPG:
- PPG fiber glass was used in the first grid-connected offshore wind turbine in U.S. waters.
- PPG's INNOFIBER® XM fiber glass was recognized in the Materials category of the Ringier Technology Innovation Awards 2013.
- PPG’s specialty yarn products provide optimum compatibility with finishes or treatments needed for specific applications. Texturized products are available as L.E.X.® (single-end) and TEXO® (multi-end) yarn products, which are engineered and modified to provide higher and greater bulk, thickness and coverage per weight than standard filament glass yarn.
- HYBON® fiber glass roving products carry certification from Germanischer Lloyd (GL), a leading international certification body in the wind energy industry. The list of certified products are as follows:
- HYBON 2002 fiber glass roving
- HYBON 2026 fiber glass roving
- HYBON 2002 XM fiber glass roving
- HYBON 2026 XM fiber glass roving
- PPG’s TUFROV® long fiber thermoplastic (LFT) roving and CHOPVANTAGE® chopped strand for automotive applications not only enable better fuel efficiency with their lightweight features, they help to reduce the overall cost of vehicle components.
- PPG’s electronic yarn technology can be found in more than 25% of the printed circuit boards that help to interconnect electronics systems globally.
- Lighter and thinner fabrics, which are necessary in today’s mobile electronics industry, are possible with PPG’s ultrafine yarn products.